The second largest pharmacy store chain of United States is Walgreen company or Walgreen. The first largest pharmacy and health care is CVS health.
The specialization of Walgreen:
- Filling prescriptions.
- Health information.
- Photo services.
- Health and wellness products.
It was firstly founded by Charles Walgreen, 118 years ago in year of 1901 in Chicago, Illinois. The headquarter is located at Deerfield, United States. It is observed on various locations like United States, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. Mainly, it is available in the form of Drug store and Pharmacy.
Expansion of Walgreen store:
- Year 2006 – It acquired Happy chain in Maryland and New Jersey.
- October, 2007 – Walgreen hits 6000th store in Louisiana.
- January,2008 – 20 stores of Farmacies El Amal of Puerto Rico are purchased by Walgreens team.
- July,2009 – The store operates in various 50 states and in District of Columbia as well.
- August,2011 – Introduced ‘Nice’ brand of household and food products.
- August,2019 – 200 stores of Walgreens closed.
How to check Walgreens schedule:
- Schedule Pharmacy appointment: https://www.walgreens.com/pharmacy/schedule
- For placing an appointment, state restrictions are available.
- You can place an appointment for flu shots, vaccinations and comprehensive medication reviews.
- You have to provide the information as –
- Age of patient.
- Location of patient.
- On this website, you have to sign up firstly.
- And then you are able to schedule your appointment with pharmacist.
- Scheduling app – Reflexis ESS.
- You can directly contact the customer support team of pharmacy.
- The team is also available on social media like Facebook, Instagram etc.
Across country, there are total 400 healthcare clinics are located. If you want to choose nearest clinic then you have to submit Zip code of your area in Store locator.
Wide range of care and online scheduling, same appointment as well offered by Walgreen team. It is for minor injuries or illness to wellness and prevention service. The locations of clinics rea manged by Take care health system.
Working Schedule of Walgreens Employee:
Mainly, pharmacy store opens on 10 am of morning and closes on 6.00 pm at evening. During the lunch hours from 1.00 pm to 1.30 pm, the service is closed. It is open on holidays also. On Good Friday (10th April), it opens from 9.00 am of morning to 4.00 pm.
The working schedule is different for each location of pharmacy store. On 11th April, Holy Saturday the pharmacy store is closed.
On Christmas holiday, the service closed, if any employer is working this holiday, then extra incentives are given main team to him or her. It is also closed on Memorial Day (25th December) and Independence Day (4th July).
Read More: Who invented the electric shaver?
The working shifts at Walgreens are flexible. These are depending on the location of Pharmacy store. So, for each store different shift schedule system is provided. Combining with Management team, Shift leader of store takes decisions about shifts.
On holidays, service is running if any employee will able to perform work. He or she is able to get extra benefits for working on holidays.